4 Contact teaching days over 4 months in our unique US teaching clinic
We have partnered with the University College of Osteopathy (UCO) in London to develop this highly practical Mentorship Academy which is a unique learning opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge under the close supervision of our expert tutors on real patients, in a clinical setting. This is ideal for those clinicians who are seeking to further develop their scanning skills, improve their ability to identify pathology and develop their report writing skills. It also provides essential CPD for clinicians to help prove competency in MSK ultrasound following an Introduction to MKS US Imaging Course, or a Post-Graduate Certificate.
The course involves 4 contact days at the ultrasound teaching clinic at UCO. Course participants maintain an “Ultrasound Logbook” documenting their scans under the supervision of our expert SMUG tutors. This Logbook is a key component for clinicians to prove their competency in MSK Ultrasound.
This is a fantastic way to develop your skills and gain experience scanning patients (under supervision) in a clinical setting.
- To assist in the revalidation and audit process to maintain and develop competency in MSK ultrasound imaging.
- To receive one-to-one feedback from expert clinicians in MSK Ultrasound.
- To further your ultrasound skills and knowledge following completion of a PGCert MSK US.
- To help prove competency in MSK ultrasound for Sports Doctors and GPwSI or help prepare for the Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine (FSEM) Clinical Competency Exam also known as The Ultrasound Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (DOPS) Clinical Assessment
- To develop your scanning and report-writing skills and benefit from supervised patient scanning in a clinical setting and write accurate ultrasound reports.
- Our tutors (who are physiotherapists, sports medicine consultants and sonographers) have extensive experience in helping clinicians develop the skills and knowledge required to implement MSK ultrasound into their clinical practice.
- Access to our online resources including key articles, learning resources, online presentations and quizzes.
Book early to avoid disappointment. Places are strictly limited to 12 delegates per cohort to ensure close expert supervision and scanning time.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Sports Doctors, Physiotherapists, Surgeons, GPs with a special interest in MSK/Sports Medicine, MSK Radiologists, Sports Medicine Consultants, Rheumatologists, Sonographers, Osteopaths and Podiatrists.
What to expect on the teaching days
- The first teaching day covers practical workshops and demonstrations. Days 2, 3 and 4 start with workshops in the morning followed by the patient clinic.
- One machine to two students. Only high-specification machines are used. Participants are welcome to use their own portable machine if they wish.
- Intensive practical teaching days: workshops in small groups under close supervision.
- Participants have access to online resources and presentations in readiness for the intensive contact teaching days.
- Patient clinic: Typically, 2 students to 1 patient with 1 supervisor.
- Attendance of SMUG 2-day Introduction to MSK US course or equivalent.
- You must have access to an ultrasound scanner so you can practise between contact teaching days.
- You must have good MSK anatomical knowledge.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org